It's countdown to the Christmas Fair, the highlight of the school calendar, with festive fun for all. This year, there will be Tombola - the star attraction as far as the boys are concerned, Santa's visit, all kinds of stalls, from delish baked goodies to preloved toys, sportsgear to luxury goods and gifts. Then of course, there's the much anticipated Big Auction, where the bidding gets frenzied and the prizes are amazing from signed sports memorabilia to luxury spa experiences; gym, yoga and pilates sessions to summer camps for kids; luxury accessories to golf outings. We'll be posting details of the Auction items here over the next couple of weeks, so make sure to check back in.
Please - your fair needs you!
As you know, our Christmas Fair is our biggest fund-raiser and we really need everyone’s help to make it a big success. Loads of you have already been asking how you can help. Thank you and here’s how: (Click here for our list of suggestions)
1. Donate a big prize for our famous ‘Big Auction’ – or maybe you have contacts you can ask to donate on your behalf?
The big stuff: signed sports jerseys, golf getaways, spa breaks and designer handbags were the big attraction last year. Vouchers for everything – from beauty treatments to Butcher’s hampers, dry cleaning vouchers to gym passes. We mean everything - last year we auctioned a free will-writing service, a home declutter service and an MOT for your car! (Donors all get a big shout out on the new PA website).
What you can do: Ask for a donation from a business where you shop regularly.
2. Clear out your cupboards! And upcycle or donate good quality unwanted items – see our flier attached.
3. Give some time – just a few hours Just 2-3 hours to help make the fair a brilliant success! We need you for decorating the hall, setting up stalls, selling raffle tickets, transport and clear up. Let us know and we’ll put you on the roster. We start our set up on Friday 2nd December after school. Your class rep will be in touch. Thanks!
4. Bake or make – it goes down a treat! The baked goods stall is always a sellout – so all kinds of cakes and traybakes, scones and bread are all welcome. Please drop baked goods into the hall 9.30 to 10.30am
5. Come along and shop the Fair! The Christmas Fair is loved by the boys and their families - it is fun, festive and a great place to do your Christmas shopping. Come along and enjoy! With massive thanks
The Parents Association St Mary’s BNS, Booterstown