How we do it
- through fun events and parents' generosity -
The PA organises many events and initiatives every year. We try to make sure there's plenty of fun in our fundraising, and the social aspect of the PA calendar is equally important - a chance for the boys and their parents to mix and relax.
These are some of the different ways we raise funds
- St Mary's Crested water bottles - Our boys just love these specially designed robust, no-spill bottles in striking black and orange with name spaces and school crest.
- Friends of St Mary's Monthly Prize Draw - This is a fabulous way to support your school in a really meaningful way. Just €12.50 of a monthly direct debit adds up to the PA's second biggest source of funds for the year - and all our boys benefit. Each month, one family wins up to €300. Read more about it on the Friends of St Mary's page.
- Halloween Spooky Sponsored Walk - Held in October in the run up to Halloween. A fun event for the kids to dress up in their costumes and have some fun in Blackrock park.
- ‘Trick or Treat’ coffee morning in aid of Temple Street Children’s Hospital: Bakers and makers bring goodies for a coffee morning in the school yard before the bell, the children get to dress up in Halloween or Superhero costumes. (Bring €2 for Temple Street)
- Shopping trip to Kildare Village - Usually around mid-November - just in time for picking up some Christmas gifts! Get ready, get set, go shopping! A great value half day trip for parents to Kildare Designer Outlet Village, departing from the school at 9.10 and returning just before collection time at 2.30. Just €10, and there's a glass of bubbly and discount vouchers too.
- Our annual Christmas Fair - Held on a Sunday in early December in the hall of Our Lady of Mercy Girls National School. This is our biggest fundraiser in the school calendar, and is packed to the rafters with every kind of stall imaginable, tombola and treats. The highlight of the day is the silent auction, where frenzied bidders compete for unmissable treats: concert tickets, spa getaways, golf outings, designer fashion (all donated by local businesses and parents in the school).
- Christmas card sales - Unique seasonal cards individually decorated by all of the boys in each class. The boys love showing off their artistic talents and they make a lovely card to send at Christmas.
- The Parents' Big Brain Table Quiz - This fun (and sometimes competitive!) event is held annually in the Spring. The venue is the Punchbowl pub in Booterstown, where parents team up to pit their wits on topics from entertainment to sport and science and compete for great prizes.
- The Booterstown Parish Church Gate collection - An annual tradition supported by the Parish and of great benefit to the PA. The funds from this collection traditionally goes toward the Communion party.